Senior Devops AWS Engineer
Visa sponsorship and relocation support
RELOCATION: to Utrecht, Netherlands
COMPANY: An ambitious Dutch supplier for the Green Energy and e-Mobility industry. As a white label utility we offer all front- and backend services to our customers (Energy labels) so they can provide smooth services to consumer markets. Smart, Easy and Transparent. For this purpose we developed an innovative PaaS solution to support purchasing, risk and portfolio management, billing, debt collection and legal compliances.
Work Locations: Netherlands , Utrecht
Roles & Responsibilities:
The environment looks like this:
Currently the environment is running on docker swarm, which is hosted on premise on dedicated blades.
We are using docker compose files to define our runnable and their dependen- cies, then it gets deployed to a docker swarm which manages the number of instances.
The stack includes:
- Docker, docker-compose, docker-swarm à will be Kubernetes and in combina- tion with AWS Lambda.
- Portainer to visualize the stack and the verticals running on docker swarm, and configure them
- Graylog used for logging
- Grafana is used to visualize metrics which we gather from the services, envi- ronment and containers
- Traefik used as a routing service for service discovery and also partial load balancing
- Prometheus time series database to gather statistics data from services, con- tainers and environment
- Alertmanager as part of the Prometheus stack, using API’s to send alerts based on triggers from Prometheus
- Ansible centralize and codify our environments * RabbitMQ for messaging
- PostgreSQL is our persistence storage
- Redis as our in memory cache
- Nexus (on premise)
- Jenkins (on premise)
- Github (cloud)
- Jira (Atlassian cloud)
- Confluence (Atlassian cloud)
- Codacy (cloud) – static code analysis
Everything on our side is treated as code, starting from the environment, through deployment with our pipelines and the rules we are using for it.
Responsibilities would be to:
- create new pipelines and maintain the existing pipelines
- create and maintain ansible scripts
- design, maintain and improve the CICD pipeline
- support the teams with the usage of the new deployment pipeline
- design and improve monitoring
- design and improve alerting and scaling mechanism
- design and improve the existing technology stack
- add improvements to the way containers are used, security updates and con- figuration
- actively be involved in the decisions on some of the architectural designs con- cerning the environment
- help the teams adapt configuration if needed to match deployment proce- dures
We offer a competitive benefits structure in line with the local markets, as well as global employment and development opportunities.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Holidays: 24 days (20 statutory and 4 above statutory days) and 2 company days
- 3000 Euro relocation bonus, tickets, visa
- On top: daily fresh fruit, snacks and drinks for free including great coffee.
- Working in international teams
- Salary : 60-65k Euro Gross
Get in Touch
You can get in touch with our recruiters via linkedin..